The Binding (The Velesi Trilogy, #1) - L. Filloon Whoa, I loved this book.

First things first, I am normally not into fairy tales or books about elves but in this year for a change of everything what was before that year, I've read more books with fairies involved than ever and enjoyed all of them. I hope this stream does not break up too soon.

I enjoyed the unfolding story between Lily and Tharin, however, it was also exhausting at times. When he threw the first bits of information of her background/inheritance at her she was all but left confused behind and therefore I can't relate to her trotting off after him to Veseli. In backsight it was silly and naive and I don't understand it but it did not hinder me loving this piece of work. In the last third of the book I started to like Tharin (a bit more) and didn't anymore of him as a total jerk.

I was intrigued to read about Lily knowing about her true self, her inheritance, her parents and coming into her powers.

I enjoyed the two strong side characters, Tolin, Tharin's brother and Lily's best friend, Julia who fell for each other almost instantly.

The ange and her brother are still a mystery to me and I haven't heard yet enough of their side of story.

I had a lot of fun reading the story! I can't wait to read the 2nd book of the series.